You will be a part of the Global Blockchain team, an innovative and collaborative group of technical developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the world does business.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- You will have the opportunity to drive the creation of advanced mathematics for Blockchain technologies and to enable high-value offerings in one or more of our Service Lines
- Help design in the emerging space of distributing computing applications
- Develop advanced Zero Knowledge Proof protocols, Homomorphic Encryption, and conventional cryptographic tools relevant to Blockchain
- Help us to develop practical applications using the above tools
- Perform world-class zero knowledge proof related mathematics
- Participate in standards setting, perform collaborative research into open-source solutions and assist technical colleagues in their development work
- Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in this fast-growing area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied
- Work with developers and architects to increase their skills at writing Zero Knowledge Proofs and related code.
- Think through and anticipate how attacks may attempt to subvert or misuse applications
Blockchain Technology is a complex emerging capability that is far from mature. Above and beyond any of the “essential” skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimentation with new technologies and a passion for learning by doing and leading by example.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews.
- Comfortable with applied mathematics, as it relates to encryption.
- Ideally based in London, UK or can report to London office every Monday, Tuesday and if the business will require
- Passion for technology and applying it to business solutions with a strong interest in blockchain and associated concepts.
- A bachelor's degree (mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering preferred) with at least 3 years similar work experience
- Masters or PhD degree related to cryptography/blockchain
- ZKP knowledge/experience is a huge PLUS
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.