What We Do:
RISC Zero is on a mission to fix the internet. We're a diverse group of hackers, futurists, and nerds dedicated to making the internet the place we all deserve. We've already built the world's first zero knowledge virtual machine capable of running arbitrary code as a zero knowledge proof. We're now building an ecosystem on top of it. We have a transparent pay structure with above market salaries and premium benefits. We've all been part of many startups before, so we care a lot about making sure everyone is treated fairly - when it comes to equity, founders have no meaningful advantage over the rest of the employees. You'll have a tremendous ability to take part in changing the world, and we believe that deserves meaningful ownership.
What You’ll Do:
As a Technical Program Manager at RISC Zero, you will play a pivotal role within the engineering team, driving programs that span across multiple products and impact the entire company. Most notably, you’ll work across our cryptography, compiler, platform, and blockchain teams. You will be responsible for defining success criteria, understanding the impact of work in one domain on the others. You will help identify gaps and de-risk execution across the company. As a TPM you will interface with the product management and growth teams to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned on requirements, delivery dates, and engineering status.
Who you are:
You have a passion for details and a track record of managing delivery of complex, deeply technical projects. You have an interest in cryptography, privacy, and blockchain and some experience with at least one of them. You’re not focused only on timelines - but also obsessed with quality and correctness.
- Partner with technical leadership across multiple product organizations to define and execute on complex dependencies and interfaces between those teams
- Define and execute on standardized documentation and communication processes
- Develop program management processes and worked with team members to improve their efficacy
- Report on program health using easy to understand metrics and visualizations
- Build a deep understanding of relevant technical domains, being able to understand each teams needs and provide low latency problem solving
- Work with leadership to use data to inform strategic decisions both within programs and across the company
- Create accessible and useful process documentation
- Build processes for working effectively with distributed teams
- Have strong opinions about problems and processes, expressing them clearly to team members, and commit to and execute on agreed upon solutions
That said, we're looking for people who love this problem and are dedicated to making it work. If you don't perfectly match the description but you're still interested - apply anyways. We're always ready to bring on great people, even if we weren't expecting it.