Welcome to Aleo
As Aleo’s head of business development, you will be responsible for guiding partnership strategies, defining the right rules of engagement, and helping scale the value proposition of new and existing Aleo products via the right set of partners. You will work closely with the product, engineering, marketing, and legal, and other departments, to deliver results.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build out and lead the business development function at Aleo, spanning both the core underlying technology (the Aleo network) and future products and services built on top.
- Work with the marketing and product executives to define a go-to-market strategy for Aleo, and provide feedback to the executive team on overall company strategy based on partnership opportunities.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and close foundational deals that create opportunities to leverage Aleo and promote our tech stack.
- Demonstrate fluency in the complex legal and business issues in contracts and develop creative win-win solutions with our partners.
- Analyze markets and synthesize recommendations into actionable partnerships plans and organizational roadmaps.
What We Are Looking For In You:
- Experience with strategic negotiations and analysis, along with a highly-attuned product sense.
- Ability to close various strategic business development deals with a high rate of success.
- High aptitude in analyzing data and deriving actionable business insights.
- Strong ability to learn quickly about new technologies and distill information into actionable insights for internal stakeholders.
- Proven track record doing deals, including with the legal aspects of negotiations.
- High “EQ” and motivation/ability to coordinate/align among internal stakeholders.
Nice to Haves:
- Deep knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer technology across both Web 2.0 and Web 3.0.
- Experience building teams and leading teams from “0 to 1”.
- Successfully navigating a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment of an early stage startup.
Salary & Benefits
- $150,000 to $200,000 plus an equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data.
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense.
- Regular team off-sites and retreats.
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.