About the role
Aleo is seeking dedicated compiler engineers to help build the world’s leading developer platform for zero-knowledge applications.
As an Aleo engineer, you will join a small team to maintain and test the official implementation of the Leo programming language, the Aleo instructions assembly language, and related language products. You will be tasked with designing new language tools, implementing new compiler features, maintaining existing features, and shipping production-ready code. You should have a passion for open-source software and understand that your code will be widely used to deploy programs on a decentralized network. You should care about privacy in the digital age and have a desire to contribute to the space.
- Design, develop, and deploy new language constructs in the high-level Leo compiler and low-level snarkVM virtual machine to harness the power of zero-knowledge proofs.
- Build, test and ship customer-facing services and products in Rust and web languages.
- Work with engineers, designers, and leadership to turn our product and technical vision into deliverables each quarter.
- Write high-quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- Proficiency in compiler optimizations and language theory.
- Ability to clearly communicate and document your thoughts and code.
Nice to have
- A degree in Computer Science or a background in programming language design.
- Experience contributing to a new programming language and/or implementing compiler passes such as type inference, constant folding, or canonicalization.
- Familiarity with cryptography and zkSNARK programming concepts such as R1CS constraints.
- Interest in fuzzing, formal verification, or other PL research.
- You have gone through rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
- Based in San Francisco.
- You are rustacean.
Salary & Benefits
- $150K- $265K plus an equity package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.