We are hiring a senior engineer to lead the design and implementation of our open source technology framework that is used by developers across the world. As an early team member on a small team, you’ll have a meaningful stake in what we build and how we operate.
What will you be doing?
- Exceptional software engineering skills, ability to refactor and optimize code
- Deep understanding of encryption technologies and how to use them to build secure systems
- Produce high quality, Typescript, test driven code
- Create processes to automate building libraries with complex dependency requirements
- Produce high quality documentation for other developers
- Experience designing easy to use API’s for other developers to consume
- Design, implement, test, and audit protocol code upgrades and additions
- Defining and setting up a strong foundation for long term maintainability of large scale design systems
- Experience using and designing NoSQL databases
- Work well independently and within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full time availability with significant overlap with ACST timezone
- Knowledge and experience with blockchain (Ethereum) dApp development
- Experience with IPFS, Textile, CouchDB, Rust
- Familiarity with decentralized standards (DID, Verifiable credentials, DIDComm)
- Have actively participated in the development of a sophisticated platform as one of the leading developers
- Experience developing open source libraries and leading the development of remote contributors
- Experience designing JSON schemas
- Experience designing auth systems
What skills and experience do you need?
This role will involve architecting, implementing and supporting new capabilities within our open source libraries using the latest in decentralized web standards, encryption and distributed technologies.
You must feel comfortable leading a cross-functional engineering team, researching technical problems and defining a strategy to solve them in a way that ensures a sustainable architecture.