Miden VM is a core component of Polygon Miden, the upcoming STARK-based zk-rollup for Ethereum. Early prototype of the VM is available here. We are currently working on the next version of the VM, and our goal is to build the most developer-friendly, safe, and performant zero-knowledge virtual machine.
What will you do?
- Help design and implement core components of the VM.
- Help design and implement Miden assembly language.
- Help design and implement Miden standard library.
- Learn how STARKs work.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and knowledge:
- Deep familiarity with Rust including high comfort level with advanced concepts such as generics, lifetimes, memory management, concurrency etc.
- Some familiarity with advanced benchmarking and testing frameworks (prop-testing, fuzzing).
- Basic familiarity with cryptography - e.g., hash functions, finite fields.
It will be nice if you are:
- Interested in virtual machines, compilers, and programming language design.
- Have some familiarity with writing smart contracts, especially using Solidity.
- Passionate about building open-source software.